Sifton Park Veterinary Clinic13680 50 Street NWEdmonton, AB T5A 4Y3
Over the past year, we have changed to “no contact” curbside appointments whenever possible at Sifton Park Veterinary Clinic. We are re-evaluating our policy regularly based on provincial and local recommendations.
We are asking clients to do the following at our practice:
- Once you arrive for your appointment, please call the clinic (780) 476-1875. There is an alternate cell phone number posted on the door if you are unable to reach clinic staff. We have been experiencing extremely high call volumes and appreciate your patience.
- A staff member will gather information over the phone in order to check in your pet to the hospital and you will be asked to wait in your vehicle.
- All pets MUST be on a leash or in a carrier ensure human and patient safety.
- If you feel you need to be inside our facility with your pet, you must discuss it with the staff member when booking your appointment. A mask will be required for entry.
- We are asking that only 1 member of the family brings animals to the clinic at this time. Please use facetime or similar technology for additional family members if necessary.
- Once your pet has been examined, the veterinarian will call you to give you a health update on your pet and discuss any recommended treatment options.
- We have a portable debit machine so we can take payments at the clinic door. We can also do Visa and Mastercard payments over the phone.
- A staff member will deliver your pet and explain your prescriptions to you outside of the clinic front doors while maintaining proper social distance.
- No in-person appointments will be allowed for people currently infected with COVID-19, under quarantine or experiencing respiratory illness. We ask that you get a friend to drop off your pet for an appointment.
Prescription and food refills:
- Our distribution center and compounding pharmacy does not foresee issues with availability as long as we do not permit hoarding.
- At this time we are allowing up to 3 months of prescription refills.
- Food may be sold in reasonable quantities - that will be limited at our discretion.
We want to be here and our staff to be healthy to take care of your pets. We also want to keep you safe and decrease your exposure to other members of the public.
What we at Sifton Park Veterinary Clinic are doing to keep you safe:
- We are limiting access inside the clinic.
- We have adjusted our examination room and lobby disinfection procedures.
- We have adjusted our personal protective equipment and hygiene practices.
- Sick staff members are asked to stay home.
- We are limiting the number of appointments seen in a day to allow for increased sanitization and space between clients.
At this time we are planning on staying open unless our staff is sick. In the event of temporary closure of Sifton Park Veterinary Clinic:
- We ask that you email us if you require anything for your pet's health. The email will be monitored daily and we will try our best to respond to you as quickly as possible.
- The clinic voicemail and website will be updated. Email will be easier for us to respond to than voicemail. The voice mail will still be checked daily.
- We have remote access to the medical records and can arrange refills of prescriptions if appropriate.
- If you need veterinary care while we are closed, we can email you your pet’s medical records to the clinic of your choice.
- We will contact clients with existing appointments and arrange alternative care options.
COVID-19 and Animals in Canada:
- There is currently no evidence to suggest this virus is circulating in animals in Canada.