Sifton Park Veterinary Clinic Welcomes You
At Sifton Park we want to keep our clients healthy and ourselves healthy so that we can be here for our patients. Medical supplies are in short supply for veterinary clinics and we are adjusting our practice accordingly to help the most needy.
Our contact information:
Effective immediately, we are switching to a “no contact” curbside appointment policy whenever possible at Sifton Park Veterinary clinic. We are re-evaluating our policy regularly based on provincial and local updates.
We are asking clients to do the following at our practice:
1.Once you arrive for your appointment call the clinic (780) 239-7017 (Number is posted on front door) or (780) 476-1875 (also posted on the door).
2. A staff member will meet you outside the front doors to check in your pet to the hospital and you will be asked to wait in your vehicle.
- All pets MUST be on a leash or in a carrier ensure human and patient safety.
- If you feel you need to be inside our facility with your pet, you must discuss it with the staff member when booking your appointment.
- We are asking that only 1 member of the family brings animals to the clinic at this time. Please use facetime or similar technology for additional family members.
3. Once your pet has been examined, a veterinarian will call you to discuss the findings and recommended treatment options.
4. We prefer payment for services over the phone by Visa or Mastercard. We still accept debit and cash payments if you are unable to pay over the phone.
5. A staff member will deliver your pet and explain your prescriptions to you outside of the clinic front doors.
6. No in-person appointments will be allowed for people currently infected with COVID-19, under quarantine or experiencing respiratory illness.
- We ask that you get a friend to drop off your pet for an appointment.
7. Prescription refills and food refills:
- Our distribution center and compounding pharmacy does not foresee issues with availability as long as we do not permit hoarding.
- At this time we are allowing up to 3 months of prescription refills.
- Food may be sold in reasonable quantities - that will be limited at our discretion.
- Please consider paying by credit card over the phone, so we can deliver the medications to you at the front door as you arrive.
We want to be here and healthy to take care of your pets. We want to keep you safe and decrease your exposure to other members of the public.
What we at Sifton Park Veterinary Clinic are doing to keep you safe:
1. We are limiting access inside the clinic.
2. We have adjusted our examination room and lobby disinfection procedures.
3. We have adjusted our personal protective equipment and hygiene practices.
4. Sick staff members are asked to stay home.
5. We are limiting the number of appointments seen in a day to allow for increased sanitization and space between clients.
At this time we are planning on staying open unless our staff is sick.
In the event of temporary closure of Sifton Park Veterinary Clinic:
1. We ask that you email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require anything for your pet's health.
2. The email will be monitored daily and we will try our best to respond to you as quickly as possible.
3. The clinic voicemail and website will be updated. Email will be easier for us to respond to than voicemail. The voice mail will still be checked daily.
4. We have remote access to the medical records and can arrange refills of prescriptions if appropriate.
5. If you need veterinary care while we are closed, we can email you your pet’s medical records.
6. We will contact clients with existing appointments and arrange alternative care options.
Types of appointments we will prioritize at Sifton Park:
- Sick pet appointments
- Puppy and kitten vaccines
- Necessary surgery for cancer or other sickness will go forward at this time
Types of appointments we are postponing at this time:
- Elective surgery - contact us if you have any concerns postponing your pets spay/neuter for behavioural or medical reasons, we will evaluate the risk with you and triage as supplies dictate.
- Nail trims unless causing an animal pain (for example: cracked nail)
- Wellness exams and vaccines - we will review your pet’s health risk factors with you and determine if it is appropriate to postpone the appointment.
COVID-19 and Animals in Canada:
- Information on COVID-19 and Animals in Canada can be found on the Government of Canada’s website: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks.html
- There is currently no evidence to suggest this virus is circulating in animals in Canada.
We are a full service animal hospital providing comprehensive healthcare services to pets in Edmonton and the surrounding areas. Our veterinarians offer a wide variety of medical, surgical and dental services within our clinic. We provide complete care for our patients.
At Sifton Park Veterinary Clinic we are committed to providing quality care at every stage of your pet's life. From routine preventive care for your pets, to early detection and treatment of a wide range of conditions and diseases, we have the expertise to provide the care your pet needs at every stage of life.
Please browse our website to learn more about our animal clinic and the services we provide for companion animals in Edmonton and the surrounding areas. Read information in our Pet Library, view videos, check out our Facebook Page, and find details about upcoming events. Please call our office today at (780)476-1875 for all your pet health care needs.